Wake Up Work Out!
Author: Shannon Miller Lifestyle
Wake up on the right side of the bed – it’s ABout time!
Do you ever feel like your morning just drags on and you just can’t quite get that pep in your step? Wake up on the right side of your bed and increase your energy throughout the day by doing some morning ab exercises! Starting your day off with a quick and energetic exercise routine is sure to add that pep in your step in no time! Check out some of my favorite ab workouts for starting my day off right!
Kneeling Bird Dog
- Begin kneeling with hips directly above knees and shoulders directly above hands.
- Raise your left arm and right leg at the same time. Hold for 3-5 seconds.
- Slowly lower and repeat on other side.
- Think of stretching out to reach a wall in front of you with your hand and a wall in back with your foot.
Tip: Keep back straight, pulling navel toward your spine.
The One Hundred
- Lie on back with legs stretched straight.
- Lift your legs to a 45 or 90 degree angle.
- Squeeze your upper and lower abs lifting your head and shoulder blades off the floor.
- Keep arms by your sides and pulse up and down.
**Do 5-10 reps at a time for a total of 100.**
Tip: Picture having an orange or a tennis ball under your chin. This will help avoid placing your chin on your chest and straining your neck.
- Lie on your left side with heels, hips, and shoulders stacked vertically.
- Place your right hand on floor in front of your chest.
- Lift feet and arm several inches off the floor.
- Slowly rock your body back and forth.
- Repeat on opposite side.