Shannon Miller remains the Most Decorated Gymnast in American History. She is the only American to rank among the Top 10 All-Time gymnasts and is the only female athlete to be inducted into the US Olympic Hall of Fame – Twice! (Individual (2006) and Team (2008))
Shannon has won an astounding 59 International and 49 National competition medals. Over half of these have been gold. In 1993/94 Shannon became the first US gymnast to ever win back to back World All-Around Titles and she is the first American female to medal in the individual all-around of a non-boycotted Olympics. Her tally of five medals (2 silver, 3 bronze) at the 1992 Olympics was the most medals won by a US athlete in any sport. At the ’96 Games, she led the “Magnificent Seven” to the US Women’s first ever Team Gold and for the first time for any American gymnast, she captured Gold on the Balance Beam. She is the first American gymnast to win an individual gold medal at a fully-attended Summer Games and cemented her place as the most accomplished gymnast, male or female, in U.S. Olympic history.
After retiring from Olympic competition, Shannon received her undergraduate degrees in marketing and entrepreneurship and her law degree from Boston College. She then moved from Olympic athlete to advocate for the health and wellness of women and children.
Shannon launched her company Shannon Miller Lifestyle: Health and Fitness for Women along with her series of fitness books, cookbooks and fitness DVD’s in July, 2010. She continues to travel the country as a highly sought after motivational speaker and advocate for the health and wellness of women and children. Shannon’s seeks to empower women to make their health a priority through education and awareness.
In January of 2011, Shannon was diagnosed with a malignant germ cell tumor, a rare form of ovarian cancer. She had the baseball sized tumor removed successfully and followed up with 9 weeks of chemotherapy. Shannon has remained open and public about her diagnosis and treatment and continues to empower women to make their health a priority through the media, with recent appearances on The Doctors, Katie (Katie Couric), Marie Osmond, Sanjay Gupta, E! and The Balancing Act (Lifetime Television). Shannon is currently cancer free and continues to be a strong advocate for early detection.
Shannon hosts her weekly talk radio show in partnership with St. Vincent’s HealthCare dedicated to health and fitness. She also recently released her new book It’s Not About Perfect: Competing for My Country and Fighting for My Life.
Shannon remains involved with the sport of gymnastics and the Olympics as a commentator and analyst. Most recently Shannon worked as an expert analyst with Yahoo! Sports and commentator (BBC, NBCOlympics.com, etc.) during the 2012 Summer Games.
Shannon and her husband, John Falconetti have two children, son Rocco (2009) and daughter Sterling (2013).
Interviews: The Doctors, Katie (Couric), Marie Osmond, E!, The Balancing Act’s Mission Makeover (Lifetime TV), Good Morning America, Sanjay Gupta, Fox & Friends, Inside Edition, USA Today, Extra, Health Magazine, Fitness Magazine, Self Magazine, Sports Illustrated, Vogue, Glamour, MSNBC, Woman’s Day, International Gymnast, Inside Gymnastics, Parents, New York Times, More Magazine, Forbes Magazine, People Magazine, Lifetime TV, History Channel, 1 vs. 100, Conan, Late Night with David Letterman, Saved By The Bell, Wayne Brady, Regis and Kathy Lee, Today Show, GMA, Inside Edition, 1010XL, Anderson 360, MSNBC and hundreds more.
- Spokesperson for Washington National Insurance
- Partnered with Polar Technology (Heart rate and fitness Tech)
- Spokesperson for National Obesity Foundation
- Spokesperson for StemCyte (Umbilical Cord Blood Storage)
- Partnered with Springhouse Green Alliance (Corporate Wellness)
- Analyst for Yahoo! Sports during the 2012 London Olympic Games (2012)
- Social Media Campaign for Yoplait Smoothie (2012)
- First and only Gymnastics App “Get in the Game” in partnership with Apple
- Extreme Weight Loss (appearing as a judge during the “Georgianna” Episode)
- Host of Shannon Miller Lifestyle radio (one hour weekly radio show covering all health related topics (2010-current)
- DVD: Shannon Miller Body After Baby DVD, Shannon Miller Fit Pregnancy DVD (2010)
- Host of Frosted Pink with a Twist an event to raise cancer awareness (with Scott Hamilton) – (ABC)
- Host of Gymnastics 360° with Shannon Miller, a weekly program for Comcast. (2004-2009)
- Gymnastics commentary (nbcolympics.com) and analyst with Yahoo! Sports during the 2012 Olympic Games, in London.
- Gymnastics Commentary on NBC’s HDTV coverage of men’s and women’s artistic gymnastics for the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens, Greece.
- Analyst for MSNBC’s coverage of the 2000 Sydney Olympic Games.
- Analyst for both men’s and women’s artistic gymnastics for NCAA events as well as National and International Elite competitions.
- Columnist: Inside Gymnastics Magazine.
- Presenter at televised award shows including Southern Sports Awards, Golden Goggles and Kids Choice Awards.
- A variety of commercial work.
Shannon speaks professionally on healthy lifestyle, women’s health and empowerment, leadership, goal-setting and overcoming obstacles to audiences at corporations, associations & universities across the country. Recent keynote speeches include those for:
- Consumer Electronics Show (CES)
- Pennsylvania Recreation and Park Society
- Disney Social Media Moms Celebration
- National Women’s Survivors Convention
- ACSM Health and Fitness Summit
- Ovarian Cancer National Association (OCNA)
- National AAHPERD Convention
- Oklahoma Medical Association
- Memorial Sloan Kettering
- National PE Institute
- American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network
- MD Anderson Cancer Center
- And hundreds more…
For more information please check out Shannon’s Motivational Speaking Page.
It’s Not About Perfect: Competing For My Country and Fighting For My Life, A Memoir (Published April 21, 2015)
Shannon Miller Fitness To-Go Series (2010)
Shannon Miller Pregnancy Cookbook (2010)
Shannon Miller Runner’s Journal (2010)
Shannon Miller Food Journal and Exercise Log (2010)
Winning Everyday: Gold Medal Advice for Healthy Happy Living, Random House. (1997)